Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy
At Bay Area Regional Medical Center, we are committed to providing exceptional care, and our team of rehabilitation specialists is dedicated to helping you get back to the things you love. Our therapists work hand-in-hand with physicians to perform comprehensive evaluations, develop personalized treatment plans, and use innovative treatment techniques to help patients recover as quickly and fully as possible.
Our team of rehabilitation specialists can help with:
- Amputations or other post-surgical conditions.
- Cardiopulmonary dysfunction.
- Injuries (including to the brain, spinal cord, back or bone).
- Neurological disorders (such as Parkinson's disease).
- Sensory disorders (such as chronic pain and sensory loss).
What Is Physical Therapy?
Physical therapy helps patients with pain and/or movement dysfunction resulting from an injury, surgery or disease. Through proper evaluation and treatment, physical therapy can add strength and mobility while minimizing pain and maximizing functional potential. In physical therapy, our goal is to help decrease pain in joints and improve mobility, strength, endurance, balance and range of motion.
Who Can Benefit from Physical Therapy?
Common diagnoses seen by physical therapists include:
- Back and neck injuries.
- Cardiopulmonary dysfunction.
- Chronic pain.
- Hip fractures.
- Joint replacements.
- Neurological disorders.
- Post-surgical conditions.
- Wound care.
What Is Occupational Therapy?
Occupational therapy helps people with injuries, illnesses or diseases return to their lives through the use of therapeutic methods, applied and assistive technology, and environmental modifications. In occupational therapy, our goal is to help you with activities of daily living, such as bathing, dressing, grooming and feeding, as well as helping you become self-sufficient.
Who Can Benefit from Occupational Therapy?
Common diagnoses seen by occupational therapists include:
- Injuries (i.e. brain, spinal cord, back).
- Musculoskeletal disorders (i.e. arthritis).
- Neurological disorders (i.e. multiple sclerosis, Guillian Barre).
- Orthopedic conditions (i.e. hip fracture).
- Sensory disorders (i.e. chronic pain, sensory loss).
- Skin disorders (i.e. burns).
What Is Speech Therapy?
Speech therapy, also called speech-language pathology, offers comprehensive evaluation and treatment for individuals who have developed speech, swallowing or cognitive problems following an injury or illness. Our team of specialists develops an individualized treatment plan based on your diagnosis and needs. Speech therapy will help facilitate functional communication skills and safe swallowing.
Who Can Benefit from Speech Therapy?
Common diagnoses seen by speech therapists include:
- Alzheimer's disease.
- Memory loss.
- Parkinson's disease or other neurological disorders.
Learn More About Therapy at Bay Area Regional
We'd love to show you around and introduce you to the Bay Area Regional therapy difference. Call us at 281.525.7000. Or send an email to info@BARMC.us.