Bay Area Regional Achieves Chest Pain Center Accreditation with PCI and Resuscitation
Bay Area Regional Medical Center is the first and only hospital in the Houston and only the fifth in Texas to achieve Chest Pain Center Accreditation with PCI and Resuscitation from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care (SCPC).
Bay Area Regional is dedicated to providing our patients with the best heart care treatment available. As an Accredited facility we use the newest methods and best practices in heart care to ensure that our patients receive:
• the right care at the right time to minimize or eliminate heart damage due to heart attack
• timely and accurate diagnoses to reduce the disruption to your life and get you back home as soon as possible
• help and communication to better understand how to respond to your heart emergencies
• improved quality of life after a heart episode
If you experience symptoms of a heart attack, do your heart a favor and let Bay Area Regional's Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI and Resuscitation diagnose and treat you.
SPECIFIC HEART ATTACK SYMPTOMS
- Chest discomfort
- Chest pressure
- Chest ache
- Chest burning
- Chest fullness
NON-SPECIFIC HEART ATTACK SYMPTOMS
- Shortness of breath
It is the number one killer of the adult population in the United States. There are 800,000 heart attack deaths each year.
There are actually three presentations of heart attacks:
1. A type that stops you dead in your tracks.
2. A heart attack where damage is taking place.
3. The heart attack is just beginning and early heart attack care provides a beneficial impact.
What the Difference between men and women?
Heart attack symptoms can be different between men and women. Why does this matter? Women are less likely to seek immediate medical care and are more likely to die.
- Men normally feel pain and numbness in the left arm or side of chest, but in women, these symptoms may appear on right side.
- Women feel completely exhausted, drained, dizzy or nauseous.
- Women may feel upper back pain that travels up into their jaw area.
- Women may think their stomach pain is the flu, heartburn or an ulcer.