Volunteers Quick Reference Guide
Are you ready to be a part of a brand new hospital volunteer program? Come join our team and grow with us as we start our journey as the Bay Area Regional Medical Center Volunteer Program. We believe it takes a special kind of person to give willingly of themselves to charitable work in their community, and we thank you for choosing our hospital to do so.
Where Will Volunteers Serve?
We currently have a need for volunteers in the following areas- with more to come as we continue to grow.
- Information Desk - Radiology
- Special Events Assistant- Marketing Department
- Office Assistant- Education Department
- Floater- Patient Satisfaction (visiting patient rooms)
What Hours Will Volunteers Work?
We ask that our volunteers work at least one 4 hour shift a week. You can choose which of the following time blocks are most convenient for your schedule. I am also more than happy to work with you individually to determine a schedule that best fits your lifestyle.
- o 8 am - 12 pm
- o 10 am - 2 pm
- o 12 pm - 4 pm
What are the Volunteer Program Requirements?
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Complete an application
- Have a valid photo ID
- Pass a background check
- Complete a phone interview
- Have a TB skin test
- Receive annual flu vaccination (physician’s note also accepted)
- Attend one day of new hire orientation
- Take a tour of our hospital
- Wear your Volunteer badge and uniform
What are the Benefits?
- Free breakfast or lunch meal during your shift
- Free onsite garage parking
- Invitations to hospital lunch and learns with physician speakers
- Meeting new people
- Giving back to the Bay Area Houston community
- Invitations to hospital events
- Free annual flu vaccination
- Annual Volunteer Christmas Party
- Quarterly Volunteer Luncheons
How Do I Get Started?
Getting started is easy. You can fill out an application either in person at the information desk in the main lobby, or by downloading an application online here.
Once you complete the application, you may turn it back in to the information desk, fax it to the marketing office at 281.525.7801, or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who Can I Call for More Information?
Director of Marketing & Business Development